Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Teasing

Here's the honest truth: because Thursday was a worse repeat of Tuesday, I didn't post about it. I didn't have the heart or energy to.

Today I got an apology (unprompted!) from Sass. It was so sweet.
Sass: "Miss Mica. When I used stupid words last week, that was mean."
Me: "Yes it was."
Sass: "But now we're going to use nice words. I'm going to use nice words."
Me: "Well thank you, Sass. I really like your attitude and that's good to hear."
Sass: "You're welcome."

Apparently, Sass's mom decided to combat our little situation by only allowing teasing to happen if you use fruits or animals. I know it sounds silly, but it makes the girls think in order to tease someone.

So Sass, Princess, and I were playing babies in the hallway when my baby started crying (don't blame me, they gave me the electronic baby). Sass didn't really like that and told me to "make that baby be quiet."
Me: "Sass, I'm trying. I don't know how to turn it off!"
Princess: "Well try harder! It's so loud."
Sass: "Miss Mica, you need to turn that off."
Me: "Still trying."
Sass: "Miss Mica, if you can't turn it off, you're a strawberry."
Princess: "You're a strawberry." (In that sing-song teasing voice. You know the one.)
Me: "Okay. Now think of an animal."
Princess: "Umm. You're a...cotton?"
Me: "Princess, cotton is not an animal."
Sass: "You're a duck."

This went on for quite a while until the baby stopped crying. Finally. So as I was walking out the door today, Sass yells out: "SEE YOU LATER MISS STRAWBERRY DUCK!"

Love you too Sass, love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment