Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's all about the learning

Yesterday was a horrible day of epic proportions, but today was infinitely better!

Sass went back to her perfect self and Princess kept talking my ears off, so all was well.

I did, however, learn that the girls actually listen to what to I say, as per this conversation at lunch time:

Princess: "Miss Mica, remember that time you told Sass to choose nice words?"
Me: "You mean yesterday? Yeah, I remember."
Princess: "Oh. That's good that you told her that because she's choosing good words now."
Sass: "But why do we do that?"
Me: "Because we want people to know we're nice, and we want them to feel loved."
Sass: "But what if I don't want them to feel loved?"
Me: "Then it's better not to say a word. That way, we don't hurt anyone's feelings."
Sass: "Oh."

The conversation changed topics for about ten more minutes, and then this happened:

Me: "Sass, you want to play with me and Princess since you're done eating?"
Sass: "Yeah. I want to play with Princess."
Me: "But not me?"
Sass: "I'm not saying anything. That's nicer."

Oh good, thanks for that.

1 comment: