Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

This is (kind of) it.

Well, I have most certainly been a failure at keeping a summer blog. My apologies about that. But, my girls were just so great this whole summer. They kept me in stitches or ready to pull my hair out all the time. Today was amazing because the girls refused to say today was my last day and pretended I'd be back tomorrow. They also got me a really (gaudy) pretty necklace that I will wear loud and proud simply because I love them so so so much. Instead of writing about the day in detail, I'm going to give a synopsis of the place I spent my summer.
  • Where being twins doesn't depend on age, race, or having more than two of you.
  • Where wearing pink everyday is accepted, and often encouraged.
  • Where sass is not intended to anger you, but more a way of life.
  • Where being a princess is an everyday thing, royal birth or not.
  • Where baby dolls have their own thoughts.
  • Where those thoughts are expressed out loud and often require responses.
  • Where the question "Why are you wearing that shirt Miss Mica?" often denotes that you should wear a different shirt because the one you're wearing is ugly.
  • Where being best friends is solidified by holding hands.
  • Where "I love you" can either mean: "I love you," "Don't be mad about what I'm about to do," or "Don't be mad about what I just did."
  • Where meatball subs and fish sticks are the lunch de jour. Every de jour. (I ate at home...)
  • Where tutus are all it takes to make you a ballerina.
  • Where "I like your headband" means "let me wear that for the day."
  • Where a goodbye present from me consists of BBQ chips, a King-size Kit-Kat, and matching Princess Silly Bands for all three of us.
  • Where it's not acceptable to be angry for more than two minutes and the punishment for most offenses is tickling.
  • But most of all, where the most common language spoken is love and appreciation with a side of hugs and occasional kisses.
I love my baby girls, and I have been given a standing invitation to come over for a birthday party for Elmo. You bet I'll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment