Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Daddy's Girls...Kind of

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but the reason we're at Princess's house instead of Sass's house is that Sass's dad moved into temporarily to help calm her down in the early mornings and late evenings. It's kind of a jolt to Sass's system because she likes routine and despises change. This was the beauty of the conversation we had today.

Sass: "Miss Mica. What does your dad do to you?"
Me: "Well, I don't know what you mean, but my dad and I watch movies, play games, talk, we do a lot of stuff together."
Sass: "Oh."
Me: "What do you do with your dad?"
Princess: "My dad spanks me like this..." (while imitating how she gets spanked) "...because I don't listen."
Sass: "My dad does too because he gets mad when I yell and kick."
Me: "Oh. When I was younger my dad spanked me for not listening too."
Sass: "What does he do now?"
Me: "Well, he loves me and we're friends because I listen to my parents now."
Princess: "Oh. Oh well."

Ah. Adolescent relationships to parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment