Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why can't I hit?

Well. Today was intriguing. It was just Sass and me since Princess had some things to do. When Sass is one-on-one, she often has the strangest conversations. Today is a beautiful example of that.

Sass: "Miss Mica. Where is Jesus?"
I have to admit, the first time she asked me this last summer I had no idea what she meant or wanted me to say, since when I said 'He's everywhere' she got mad. I had to ask her mom.

Me: "He's in your heart."
Sass: "What's He doing in there?"
Me: "Well. He helps you make good choices and makes sure you know He loves you."
Sass: "Okay."

A few minutes pass while we talk about her babies and then some puzzles. Then she says...

Sass: "Miss Mica. Why can't I hit Him?"
Me: "Hit who, sweetie?"
Sass: "Jesus. Why can't I hit Him?"
Me: "Um. Well. Why would you want to?"
Sass: "Because."
Me: "Well. You can't hit Him because He's inside your heart. So that would hurt."

It was the only thing that came to my mind. Don't judge me.

Sass: "Okay."

End of conversation. I was dumbfounded and trying not to laugh all at the same time. Turns out, she got in trouble for hitting her little brother last night, so maybe that's where it came from. I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment